At Katsura, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. We totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at artkatsura @ gmail.com
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
How we use your name & contact details
- Deliver your purchases to you
- Send you service messages by text, e-mail or through our website, such as order updates
- Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services – we only do this with your permission.
- Showing you Katsura adverts as your browse the web
- Finding out what you like
Your payment information
This means your card’s security/CVV code, don’t worry, we don’t see them as we use PayPal and Stripe to take all payments securely
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media.
Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your basket for another time
How we use your purchase history and saved items
- Sell you things
- Provide customer service and support, and handle returns
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website
Information you give us when you browse our site or use our app, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website and app.
How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app
- Improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- Protect our website
Information from accounts you link to us
What we do if you link your Twitter or Facebook accounts to us
How we use information from accounts you link to us
To provide product recommendations
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
To run the survey, competition or promotion
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address or email address. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Mailchimp (we use them to send you emails, CR (Customer Reviews) service for sending automatic follow-up emails (reminders) that gather shop and product reviews. Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and PayPal and Stripe where you choose to use their payment service.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from Katsura
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- Through your account settings
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting us
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity.
Seeing adverts for Katsura
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Katsura banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Katsura (for example, your Katsura search history, and the content you read on our website) or on katsura banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t logged onto our website for three years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care team and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through your account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Katsura website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Katsura.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Katsura, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Katsura user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint please don’t hesitate to contact us as we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact us by dropping us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can write to us at: 2 The Hall, Turners Green Road, Wadhurst East Sussex TN5 6TR